The “Culture of Quality” at Midlake Products
Many companies talk about their commitment to quality, but at Midlake Products it’s a way of life. From the way we quote orders to the method in which we pay our bills, our quality control processes ensure we are providing the excellent customer service and support of a small manufacturer, while maintaining the quality assurance processes of a large corporation.
Midlake Products has been ISO certified since 2001 and uses quality assurance processes to manage each of these areas of our business:
- Document Control
“When I started here at Midlake, there was already what I would call a ‘culture of quality’ present. My job is to make sure that we maintain that culture every day, on every process we work on.”
What Does Quality Assurance Mean?
Most people realize that quality control and assurance is a good goal to strive for, but what does the process really entail and what does it mean for our end customers?
- Ensuring that each employee is properly trained
- Providing clear repeatable instructions, detailing the roles and responsibilities of each team member
- Having document controls in place to ensure that every step of the process is completed and verified
- Steps are taken to ensure that every member of the team gets what they need in order to complete their job effectively
Benefits of Quality Assurance
- Management system ensures high quality output
- Reduced costs, materials, and labor, making manufacturing more affordable and environmentally friendly
- Allows the company to “Do what we say we do”, and meet all obligations and expectations
What Sets Midlake Apart from Competitors?
- Unlike many smaller sheet metal fabricators, Midlake, and approximately half of its vendors are ISO certified. This certification ensures quality management systems are implemented and makes it possible for Midlake to do business with larger customers and complete larger orders.
- Midlake has a Quality Assurance Department headed by one manager – Mike Huntsman. Mike Huntsman’s sole responsibility is quality assurance, allowing him to devote all of his time to maintaining and improving quality assurance measures and guidelines.
Find Out More
- Download our Current ISO Certificate
- Read About Midlake’s ISO re-certification in 2012